Running foreign climes!

Well that's me back from a lovely holiday with my vit d nicely topped up (you should see my white bits!)

Did some relaxing, lots of walking, a little swimming and of course some running, I ran along the gorge with Egyptian vultures and Booted eagles soaring overhead a couple partly by the beach and around the resort and my final run I decided to really test myself, I decided to run through the resort and along the beach and then UP the path zigzagging up the cliff face and then continuing along the cliff top road and back down into the resort.

Well Going up the cliff face was not easy but I didn't expect it to be but I did it and kept putting one foot in front of the other, that middle k was slow but I finished off with an average pace of 7.26 so was well happy

Got back to the apartment and it looked like someone had thrown a bucket of water on me lol but after a bottle of water and a shower I treated myself to bacon and eggs, felt like I'd earned it!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

24 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done. Got to earn the bacon. Where is my coat?

• still sorting the unpacking lol

• Run the world, rolysmate ...........

You couldn't do a worse job than the current crew.

• I am assuming white bits refers to your feet covered in running socks at all times....

• and a couple of other little bits

• No need to go there....

• lol well I had to wear my gloves as I didn't want chapped hands

• Hands of course, I forgot them. Welcome back we missed you....

• well thank you

• Wondered where you had got to:) Sounds exciting... bacon and eggs??? Where were you ?:)x

• Menorca, cala galdana

• Sounds very exotic... but bacon and eggs???

• oh most mornings it was croissants,fruit etc and on one occasions sardines but the fancy for bacon and eggs was great

• Hey Rolysmate glad you had a good holiday and managed to get some running in too well done mate 😀

• Fantastic! Running tourism is the best! Well done, your run sound tough - and it reminds me of seeing a bloke running the Brighton marathon in a bowtie and a thong :O Hope you remembered your suncream :D

• Welcome home rolysmate...missed you m your posts...sounds like you've had a lovely holiday, you're a machine zigzagging up hills!!! Hope you enjoyed the bacon & eggs...A bit of home on a plate!!

• lovely holiday, could have stopped

Shocked myself with the cliff run but I just had to have a go

• I love Menorca, haven't been for a long time but at this rate there's not going to be many places left that are safe to visit so I might get back there one day...I was there on my 21st birthday....at a foam party...and I jumped off the dance floor that was the edge of a cliff into the sea...fun times!!!

I haven't even tried a hill yet...I'm saving speed, distance & hills until after I graduate...well, maybe not hills..more slopes!!! Bet that was a great sense of achievement x

• It was one of those "Rocky" moments and if I'd had the energy I might have jumped about waving my arms in the air

• Lol....I've had a couple of those after the last few runs!!!

• nice to be back though really

• Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great (and very salutary) time. And I'm sure we shouldn't really see your white bits - or what my daughter comically refers to as her "perma-pants". (My kids spent a LOT of time at the seaside this summer and they all have glorious tans with funny matching bright white bums).

What a brilliant time of the year to go, too - the sea is always nice and warm in September and I'll bet it was much quieter compared to the high summer.

I bet the bacon and eggs tasted infinitely better after earning them like that! I love breakfast anyway, but isn't it just even better after a run?!

• Hi lass, it really was a wonderful holiday, I ran, walked, swam,slept in the sun and had some lovely meals including one of the nicest steaks I've had in a long time.

It was relatively quiet, the temp was hot but comfortable and yes the sea was warm

• Sounds perfect, exactly what holidays are about!

You may also like...