Couch to 5K
73,892 members105,805 posts

Week 4 Run 2 - outrun by a sausage dog

Man, I'm really not enjoying week 4! I'm not a fan of podcasts or apps, and prefer a more 'analog' approach to timing, which can provide its own complications (see picture!). Another gruelling run, really feeling the burn on the inclines.

Lots of dog action though! Being slow and steady means I get outrun by even the smallest dogs, including the titular sausage dog. I also nearly ran into a massive huskie who thought running just in front of my legs was a brilliant game to play, to the horror of his owner.

On the bright side, coming home this sweaty must mean I'm getting a proper workout.

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done you 👍👍

1 like

Loving your Fitbit.... no problems with batteries at all!

2 likes

I completed the run this evening. My legs felt heavier than the last one but I did it. We both have this!

2 likes

I did same run last night - it's never "easy" but definitely feel it's getting more achievable. W4 R3 planned for tomorrow after work.

Good luck with your next run.

2 likes

Well done, you did it.

Did you know that you can programme intervals into Runkeeper, meaning that you don't have to listen to either app or podcasts, just be told when to start walking, start running, start walking etc.

You will miss the extra info and motivation of the other media, but if it works for you why not. There is also a written version of the plan here docs.google.com/spreadsheet...

Dogs, I love them, but some owners.................I won't start.........

4 likes

Thanks for sharing the schedule, I think 😳

Oh, is that a no-no? I can take the pic down if it is!

It's great really as I am a bit of a planner so it saves me keep checking all the coming week 👏

Wow Ian! I love this spreadsheet! I'm a bit OCD here and there so this is just perfect for me. Thank you!

Hooplady, I'm on week 4 run 2 this very morning :-)

Very well done you!

Sweaty is good!! 🤣

I remember that run as being HARD. Great job!

You may also like...