A Blustery Day

Following on from my W6R3 success at the gym on Sunday, Michael and I headed outside to tackle W7R1 this morning.

It was a mixture of pavement pounding (lightly though, lightly) and park pootling (slowly though, slowly). Poorly timed set-off, as plenty of mums were still lingering at the school gates, but I smiled and passed them by.

It was hard. The wind blew my lovely new Sweaty Betty running cap off twice - luckily it caught on my ponytail and I was able to anchor it back on mid-run (the second time, tightening the fit so it didn't happen again😝). Every fibre in my being wanted to stop practically the whole way round, but every fibre in my being wanted to nail it, too! Then suddenly, only 5 minutes to go, then just 1 minute....didn't have enough for a speed-up at the end (sorry MJ)...and I've done it, the whole 25, outside!

Roll on W7R2, I have a different location in mind for my next run....but give me a couple of days first...🏃‍♀️❤️

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well Done on the run - your clearly making good progress. and the opportunity to vary the route, vary the challenge is one of the reasons I like to run out of doors. I know you do both, and kudos to you, but I know i'd find it harder to find time/motivation if I had to factor in a drive to the nearest Gym as well. Plus the outdoors is free! - which is not to be sniffed at either, so you know - more to spend on trainers, running tops etc. Good luck with your next run but with runs 1 & 2 under your belt I'm sure you'll do great.

• Thanks!

Unfortunately, it's the other way around for me...the gym is 200 yards away, but I have to drive to find a more inspiring place to run than the local rec...the downside of suburban living! My husband and I have been talking a lot recently about retiring to his native Scotland in years to come, when the kids have all flown the nest...and my dream is to be running along beautiful windswept coastlines!

• It's a good dream to have - course the downside is all the midges - but they do make you run faster!

• I'm finding I really need extra rest as these runs get longer. Well done you!

• Hi indigo, I remember that run so clearly, when Mr Smooth tells you that you may like to consider changing your pace....

Generally I considered it and decided not to!

Changing location is good at this stage too, it stopped me getting too hung up on my 'old milestones'

You may also like...