Couch to 5K
54,654 members87,148 posts

W7r2 early morning but already very hot in paxos

W7r2 early morning but already very hot in paxos

Quick update running family -- following the first ever run abroad on Tuesday I woke eager to go again today . Today my husband joined me too which was fantastic - very hot even at 7am --- hill climb for 15 mins made me nervous today --- lots of gremlins --- why I'm not sure --- maybe wanted it to go as well as last time !!!!!

Stiff talking to myself - 5 more mins warm up the hill and down we came - smiling at each other and breathing in the stunning views . Laps around the beach loop 4 times and we were already at 15 mins done 😜😜😜😜

Carried on down to harbour circuit - twice around this and we were done . I loved running with hubby - almost stopped at one point but told myself I would be cross and my lungs and legs ok it was just in my head . And there it was - both elated we had done it 25 mins running abroad - never ever ever would we have thought we would be doing this after only 7 short weeks .

Today's picture at 25 min point when down near the beach circuit

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 buzzing now for boat trip to antipaxos

20 Replies
oldestnewest

That sounds absolutely amazing Wannabefit19 ! A run you will always remember!

2 likes

For sure - saving it in my memory back for cold wet English days

1 like

I will have to kill you and take your beautiful run. :-)

It's not such a bad thing, running, is it? W7R2 for me today too.

4 likes

It's alright/ good luck with your run 😃

Beautiful place, beautiful run, well done you...

2 likes

Thanks - stunning place - move to beautiful beach in Corfu tomorrow . May try beach run -- let's see - hills down to the cove even steeper !!!

1 like

Well jel! ;-)

2 likes

Those hills are steep and heat challenging but views well worth it

1 like

Beautiful... and I am jealous!! Go you.. well done:)

2 likes

Thanks it is stunning / definitely runs to remember and use for future motivation on a wet rainy day 😜

1 like

That looks amazing! What a perfect sounding run 😀

2 likes

Thanks

Ooh looks amazing!!

2 likes

It was stunning - moving to different resort now in Corfu for next week so let's see what that offers

2 likes

Ohhhh, this sounds idyllic...& what a beautiful photo?!! I love your post, it's like a scene from a running love story!!!! So happy you've come this far & im still one step behind you but running all the way with you...& enjoying it with you too...fantastic xx

3 likes

Thankyou mummycav109 - we are on parr with running for sure - we move to Corfu tomorrow so will need to assess if able to run there . Maybe beach running but let's see . May take extra rest day too as lots of climbing hills tonight after lovely day on boat trip . Tired tonight so let's see what Saturday brings -- enjoying our joint journey too ❤️

1 like

Beautiful Corfu....you'll enjoy the beach I'm sure

Extra rest days can work wonders...Saturday will be my next run xx ❤️

1 like

looks a very beautiful place - its very different running in another place isn't it? :)

1 like

It is stunning Thankyou and yes it is strange and needs planning but well worth it

Fabulous! Well done

1 like

You may also like...