W9R2

Well it's one to go . Quite shocked I've got this far I'm rather good at not finishing things . Must admit the longer runs every other day have left me a little tired and I'm going to have a 2 day rest after Saturday's final run . It's proving more of a couch to 30 mins program for me , today I did 4.7 K in my 30 mins . It amazes me how in control I feel on my runs once I find my rhythm a far cry from when I started . I have joined a local mixed ability running club that actually have a group for newly qualified C25K runners and the 1st run will be in Delemere forest next Tuesday evening . Glad I have done the program on my own ( with the forums help) as I think my solo runs have given me a certain mental toughness . Onwards!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Very, very well done you! You have done brilliantly... :)

Take the long runs slow and steady... let your running legs just carry you onward!

A good rest day and an extra one can work wonders... I am a solo runner... only myself to blame if it goes pear shaped.

I am glad you have found your happy pace and look forward to your Graduation post!

• Brilliant we are keeping the podium warm for you, rolysmate is due to arrive at the podium tonight, so he'll be part of the welcoming committee...

• Well done Dave. I'm on week 7 run 3 next and I'm amazed in this far. I'm hoping to be able to finish like you have. I'm happy that you're taking the running further - I would love to do that. Like you I needed to do the programme by myself - it's a discipline thing I think. Well done z

• Many thanks

• Good luck for tomorrow, I think 2 days rest will be very well deserved 😊

You may also like...