Park run - much more nervous this time

I did my first park run two weeks ago before graduating - 41.6 minutes running all the way (however slowly). Stunned myself, tbh.

Tomorrow I do my next one and I am feeling very much more nervous about it. I guess this is because I now have something to prove.

I'm hoping that some of you will come and sit on my shoulder to egg me on, just in case I bottle it.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I'll be with you ... I've run a few more than you but still have that feeling of apprehension.

Just start really, really slowly and let everyone sort themselves out, I feel like a tractor on a motorway at this stage! Inevitably you manage to pass one or two people who have started too fast and there's always a few who practically walk the whole way.

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on.

GO FOR IT!

• Thank you. Last time I tried to do the warm up walk after the start but it was horrible being left so far behind so this time I will try to get the warm up done as I wait for the start.

• Okay sheps, shoulder sitter reporting for duty.... am I to take left or right? And am I the good cop or bad cop shoulder sitter? I wouldn't want to get it wrong. P.s. Am not as light as I used to be, so you may want to rethink the shoulder sitting appeal. Go,go go

• You can be the angel with Lucifer to balance you. How is His Hotness today?

• Hi his hotness finally seems to have taken the message and gone. We are back to a cool 30 degrees and for the first time in weeks I am typing this without needing a mop for my trail... eeugh tmi

You will do tomorrow just fine, and I am guessing you will be a shiny happy person afterwards. Go girl, no bottling allowed

• Ok sheps shoulders here I come!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Have a great park run and just enjoy it all!!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• I'm with you all the way , I'm a little big for your shoulder but I will run along by your side keeping you at a nice even pace and reminding you that you can do this no problem .

• It seems I'll be perfectly balanced with four of you along for the run. I'm still nervous but I'll have to do it now with you all watching.

• Not my scene... but I will be there with you... slow and steady, as ever :)

• I'm not sure how much it is my scene but it's nice to get a measured time and distance.

Thanks for coming along. I'll appreciate the company.

You may also like...