Couch to 5K
54,816 members87,317 posts

Week 9 and beyond cream crackered update

Sorry not posted for a while , but its been one breakdown after another. What with taking a tumble 6 or 7 weeks ago , resulting in smashing knees and a hand , then pulling ligament in right knee and then doing a pull on achillies tendon , its like ive got long term residency on the i.c . Soent the last week just walking at slowly increasing distance and pace . Target date for trying a run is monday, i cant wait . Giotta admit during the last few weeks my sense of well being has really taken a dive and it has shown to those closest too me . Really need 1st few runs to go well , just for the boost , never thought not being able to run would hit so hard but hey ho . Lets see what minday brings

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Blimey, you have been through it 😩 No wonder you're itching to get out there. We get it 🙂

Nice, slow, short run on Monday to "test" your body. Enjoy!

1 like

Okay Monday is my resurrection run too. So best wishes to you on yours. We will have a happy Monday.

Make sure it is a very gentle... slow and steady run! You have had more than your fair share of injury and pushing too hard is not an option ... good luck!

Juzt gonns be a series of 5 minute blocks .

1 like

Go you... well done.. stay safe :)

Gosh, you have been in the wars!! Just go carefully and gently - fingers crossed!!

You may also like...