Couch to 5K
64,142 members97,196 posts

Post graduate decision made

so I graduated nearly 6 weeks ago and have been running 3 times a week since. I loved the programme and I love the buzz and the feeling that lasts all day and the fact that I am fitter, but................ I have decided that I don't need goals of 5k in 30 minutes (not going to happen) or 10k (never going to happen) and I have struggled with stamina and speed podcasts, in fact I have struggled with running 30 minutes 3 times a week. But I love running 3 times a week. I run over 2 miles each time whereas I struggled with 60 seconds at the beginning. That's enough for me, no aims of park runs or further and faster. I have found what works for me at my age (65) and stage and am very happy. Thank you all for your motivation and support and hopefully I shall still contribute to others in this wonderful forum.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

That's the beauty of running, you can do your own thing.

Your regime will keep you fit, with a healthy heart, so no need to do more.

Keep running, keep smiling.

2 likes

thanks

Excellent! You've remembered why you started this and what you wanted to achieve. No more searching for a holy grail as you've found it! Enjoy your running x

1 like

thank you!

1 like

What a lovely post. I know exactly what you mean👍 it's your journey; you set the destination and the route.

Maybe a positive about being mature....

2 likes

thanks Helen, appreciated

1 like

Just make sure you keep on running! Never stop.

Bon Voyage!

thank you!

You are a runner, enjoy!

thank you!

This is a great post. Thank you. I've just graduated and am the same age as you. What you wrote really touches home for me.

Happy running, happy 2018!

1 like

You may also like...