Couch to 5K
55,214 members87,712 posts

First 5k in public - and what a way to do it!!!

First 5k in public - and what a way to do it!!!

Me and my fab friend Tracey completed Race 4 Life in Doncaster today ( I'm the beetroot on the right!). First 5k completed in public and over £1000 raised in memory of my mum who died of liver cancer in May.

An emotional but incredible day ❤️

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! And congratulations on raising such a fantastic amount of money. RfL is such a great event, and now you've done one public 5K, there'll be no stopping you. Is there a ParkRun near you? They're also very welcoming for everyone, no matter your level of experience. I've started going just so I know I've got something scheduled in the diary to keep me motivated, but there's no pressure to attend every single week if I can't make it.

1 like

Hidden - that's my next plan! I've signed up for next week. I need something to keep me motivated now! Thanks for your reply xxx

Well done- amazing fundraising too. 👏👏👏😎

1 like

Thanks CraftyLeslie. My mum was a very popular lady and friends and family have been really generous. I hope that the fundraising saves someone else's family member ❤️

1 like

Massive congrats Jingle... amazing run and amazing fundraising too! You are truly glowing. Hope you're feeling super proud😊

1 like

McFitty - I am feeling really proud, the fantastic fund raising is the icing on the cake! ( which I demolished with a coffee soon after this photo was taken!!) 😂

1 like

Well done and what an inspiration!!!! An insight into what I can aim for in the future.

1 like

charthedreamer - you can definitely do it ❤️

Congratulations and very well done. What a cool way to remember your Mum.

1 like

damienair - thank you! It was difficult and amazing all rolled into one xxx

1 like

Well done jingleberry....great achievement and what a fab happy picture...full of joy! 🤗

1 like

Well done to you both. Fab photo 🙂

2 likes

That's amazing. What an achievement, and such a fantastic cause. Well done :)

1 like

Well done both of you! 👍😁👏

1 like

Totally awesome.... you are a star.. your Mum will be watching over you and glowing with pride :)

Super!

1 like

Well done. So sorry to hear about your Mum. That must have been a really special run for you xx

1 like

Well done. A bit beetroot (and only a bit) but a lovely smile and a fantastic fundraise.

1 like

What a great achievement. You are AMAZING and an inspiration to all of us. Your mum would be so very proud

1 like

Fantastic run, fantastic fund raising; brilliant you 🎉

1 like

Brilliant work - very well done. Perhaps the beetroot look is just a reflection from your t-shirt 😉

1 like

Well done! I love doing R4L, I always get a bit emotional at the start line reading everyone's "I'm running for ...." notices pinned to their backs, and it's always such a lovely atmosphere, and plenty of stuff to look at while you run round, makes it go so quickly. Pats on backs.

1 like

What an awesome thing to do!! Congratulations on another milestone, well done!!

1 like

You may also like...