W5 R3 - done!

I have just run week 5 run 3 - that's the 20 mins non-stop for anyone who hasn't come across it yet! I had to wait until late this evening because of the heat but now I've done it! I started to struggle at around 11 -13 minutes but I seemed to catch a second wind at maybe 16 or 17 mins and finished it feeling I could do a bit more. I was really worried about it but I did two things which I think helped - I slowed right down, especially when I was struggling, although I was still running obviously. I also just thought of it in groups of 5. So, for example, around 7 mins in I'd be thinking something like "2 minutes in, only about 3 to go" and then I'd start again at the beginning if 5 minutes when it was actually 10 or 15 mins in. I also tried to admire the scenery instead of thinking about how exhausted I was (it was tiring, don't get me wrong!). Can't believe I managed to do it though! I still remember struggling to run for 60 seconds!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Fantastic, well done! Now you know you can do it, so next time you'll have that confidence to keep you going. Plus hopefully it'll be a bit cooler!

• Well done! It's a great run to have completed ๐Ÿ˜Š

• I enjoyed reading your post. It filled me with hope as someone who has just finished week 2 and moving o to week 3 on Thursday which I am dreading! 3 mins solid... does not sound slot does it but I am scared lol although I managed my last week 2 run quite easily and some runs I felt like I could go a little longer.

I like reading posts like these :-)

You may also like...