Couch to 5K
60,199 members92,852 posts

w5 r3 Done

Well, it's been 30 days since I started C25K. I've gone from finding it a struggle to run for 60 seconds, to being able to run solidly for 20 minutes.

I even had enough energy in the tank to allow myself a (very small) increase in pace for the last few minutes.

Anyone that's approaching this stage of the program- don't be concerned- just do it and ignore the gremlins. I thought the time would really drag, but the opposite happened- it went really quickly.

Have a great day :)

13 Replies
oldestnewest

W5r1 for me last night and this motivational message is most welcome!

You'll have no problems whatsoever.

It's just another half hour listening to Laura.

You did it ! Well done ! This is a major milestone in the programme , a real turning point . I think completing this one really makes you aware of how far you have come and what you have achieved .

You're doing great , keep going ! :-) xxx

2 likes

Thanks pp! At some point it's switched from a physical to psychological test. Week 6 is in touching distance- bring it on!

3 likes

Exactly ! You've got this xxx

What a great start to the day. Well done!

1 like

Well done! That's a few weeks down the road for me but I know what you mean about the physical / mental challenge... (response to pp) - much to my surprise I've taken to the running bit like a duck to water, which isn't to say it's not challenging sometimes, but I was thinking yesterday that the challenge is more about mental resilience / commitment for me. (I'm brilliant at starting things...)

1 like

You're absolutely right pollyp1 - I'm the same. It certainly helps having a structured program to follow.

1 like

Well done! After the shock of starting C25K, the "big one" at the end of W5 is the next major goal. Sounds as if you nailed it!

2 likes

Well done! You are doing great! The goldsmith is working on your badge.

2 likes

Great stuff - I did mine today also and have had a grin on my face ever since !!! Been said before many times on here but this program is just amazing !! Week 6 we are coming to get you👍👍🙏🙏

2 likes

Too right! Graduation is ours for the taking :)

1 like

Well done you! Onwards and upwards... and the support you are giving other folk, running along on the same weeks as you is absolutely great! :)

1 like

You may also like...