Hi all,

I just completed week 9 run 1! Expected to struggle but manage. . . I didn't, in fact I felt I could keep going! Im feeling confident and proud :)

Just wondering, do many people manage to run 5k by the end of the programme? I'm improving and plan on keeping training when I graduate but doubt I'll manage 5k in thirty mins just yet.

I know this is ok but im just curious :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Extra respect for you running in this heat. I managed 3.9k on Thursday (my w9r1). 😊

• Mine was just over that. I had an app open measuring distance and when I saw it was close to 4k I sped up to reach it 😂

I don't mind the heat it cheers me up. Especially when its not uncomfortable heat. Here it was warm enough to have no jumper but not boiling

• It's hard to run in this heat. Well done for managing it! Lots of folk on the forum find they reach the finaL week and definatly can run for 30 mins , some at 5 k some a bit less, some a bit more, others take a little longer . It's not the final destination in running but the journey to get there :-)

Enjoy your running

• A few weeks ago Irish-john did a survey on how many managed 5k in nine weeks only a handful did if you can find it have a read enjoy and still be proud of what you have done so far. Survey is in bridge to 10k

• Ill look it up. Thanks :)

You may also like...