Week 3 run 2 completed and looking pretty smug in the photo!

Week 3 run 2 completed and looking pretty smug in the photo!

Last week I couldn't believe I'd manage the step up to 3 minute runs without really noticing. 2 stone overweight but I do cycle to work (about 6 miles), so perhaps that already prepared me!

When Sanjeev said "I know it's tiring but keep going to the end" I'm thinking - "no, it's not really!" I've got past the stage of saying "Thank God" when it says time to slow down, to thinking "I could actually go on a bit further". However, I stuck to the regime.

Whether I'll hit a brick wall in the coming weeks I don't know but at the moment I'm really glad I'm doing this!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You are doing great, just keep on with more of the same👍🏼

• Sounds like you're smashing it!

A few 'make sures' that have helped me...

Make sure you stick with the program

Make sure you do the cool-down walk and a few stretches

Make sure that you drink lots of water

Make sure you take your rest days.

Make sure you enjoy it!

Good luck :)

• the cycling is a bonus. i already been cycling 5 miles a day and up to 10000 steps at work before starting to c25k so also believe that helped me.

• I'm on week 9 and about to do the 2nd run for the week. If you feel smug now (and rightly so), you have many more weeks of smugness to go. Good for you - best of luck for the rest of the program.

• Well done peeps. It's all good!

I sound like young Mr Grace 😃

You may also like...