Week 6 behind me! 25 minutes - wow, just wow!

I can't really believe it. Even the teenage males of the family are showing some respect :D

It was an interesting run - dodging puddles (some more successfully than others) and tree branches weighted down with rain, peering through fogged up glasses and running a new - and, for me, very public - route through town. But at the end of the cool down walk I confess to whooping aloud when Sarah told me I was a runner (knowing it was OK to do so, I'm not the first and won't be the last!). To be fair, she had no idea how slowly I had been 'running', but she didn't seem to care so why should I?

Technically two thirds of the program done, though there's a seriously solid looking block of running ahead of me in the final third. Hey ho, slowly onwards, with trust in the program and an ever-growing number squished gremlins on the soles of my trainers :)

We can do this!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow! I'm in awe. Well done!

• I remember being in total awe of people who posted about 25 minute runs - and it was only a VERY short time ago. Starting week 1 was genuinely the hardest step, drowning out the voices in my head for the first 4 weeks was a bit of a challenge, but with the help of the people here it has been totally doable. You're well on your way. Good luck :)

• Thats fantastic well done you!

• Huge well done - 👏👏👏

• your doing well you can do this only the gremlins to overcome now its only a couple of minutes extra each week no problemo

• .. and I'm getting better at squishing them (I think that's what that slap, slap sound is as my feet hit the pavement)

• It is the gremlin layer on the trainers that makes it easier to run - they are quite soft and springy underfoot! :) Congratulations by the way.

• I know. If I do get to the end and feel 10 feet tall, then at least part of the credit will need to be given the gremlin layer!

You may also like...