Couch to 5K
60,537 members93,184 posts

Week 6 behind me! 25 minutes - wow, just wow!

I can't really believe it. Even the teenage males of the family are showing some respect :D

It was an interesting run - dodging puddles (some more successfully than others) and tree branches weighted down with rain, peering through fogged up glasses and running a new - and, for me, very public - route through town. But at the end of the cool down walk I confess to whooping aloud when Sarah told me I was a runner (knowing it was OK to do so, I'm not the first and won't be the last!). To be fair, she had no idea how slowly I had been 'running', but she didn't seem to care so why should I?

Technically two thirds of the program done, though there's a seriously solid looking block of running ahead of me in the final third. Hey ho, slowly onwards, with trust in the program and an ever-growing number squished gremlins on the soles of my trainers :)

We can do this!

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow! I'm in awe. Well done!

I remember being in total awe of people who posted about 25 minute runs - and it was only a VERY short time ago. Starting week 1 was genuinely the hardest step, drowning out the voices in my head for the first 4 weeks was a bit of a challenge, but with the help of the people here it has been totally doable. You're well on your way. Good luck :)

1 like

Thats fantastic well done you!

1 like

Huge well done - 👏👏👏

1 like

your doing well you can do this only the gremlins to overcome now its only a couple of minutes extra each week no problemo

.. and I'm getting better at squishing them (I think that's what that slap, slap sound is as my feet hit the pavement)

It is the gremlin layer on the trainers that makes it easier to run - they are quite soft and springy underfoot! :) Congratulations by the way.

1 like

I know. If I do get to the end and feel 10 feet tall, then at least part of the credit will need to be given the gremlin layer!

1 like

You may also like...