WEEK 1/RUN 1

Hi folks

I started my first week, run 1 this evening. Found it hard on the last jog, plus the heat today too, it was stifling.

I have raised blood pressure and my face after any training is crimson, lol. The podcast said I did 8 mins of running, I'd say about 7 mins, due to me stopping and just walking half way through the last one as I was just flagging by then.

Such an achievement thought, so I'm psyching myself up for the second run, lol.

Can't believe I ran in this heat though, raving mad πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Keep at it peeps πŸ‘

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done. I am on W1R3. Going to start week 2 tomorrow but it's quite a big jump up - think it is 2 mins running! I have had enough by the end of each minute although I find I am ready to go before the end of the 90 second walk. Good luck for your next run!

• Yay!! I too was blood red in the face, my mum was slightly shocked when I saw her after the run!!! It doesn't matter how light the exercise is or how cool it is, I still 'glow' and not in a nice way!!

Well done on the first step of this journey!

πŸ˜€x

• Aww, you're like me then, I was crimson and sweltering like anything. It's a wonder there weren't any crashes considering the sight of me lol.

Well done anyway, let's hope we can get through this......it's going to be good for us, (she says encouragingly , lol) πŸ˜‚ x

• You did better than i did W1R1. The only 60 sec run I managed was the last one! I did W6R1 this morning before it got too hot. It was tough but i did it. The programme is brilliant. Each run is doable and the progression is amazi g!!

• Hi Maztink

Well done on getting this far. Keep going, you are nearly there now. I hope I can reach this far, haha, lol.

You may also like...