How my sports bra told me I was improving this morning

This morning I completed week 4, yay! So far no week has been a walk in the park (no pun intended). I'm finding every session hard and at the end of each I can't believe I've got another one under my belt. So my dream of running, lost in my own thoughts of everything apart from how hard I'm finding it physically seemed a long way off!

This morning in my sleepy state I forgot to put on my sports bra before setting out. Don't worry, the park folk were saved any serious trauma, I was wearing a "normal" bra. But on beginning the first run this morning I realised my error. The first thought in my head was how difficult the wretched thing was to put on (it's a back loader and I've never been able to manage those). Then my second thought was "Should i order the front loading sort? Can I afford it before I get paid?" Then a quick mental calculation which quickly made me realise I couldnt....and then Sarah was telling me to start walking. I had run thinking about something else!!!! My dream is in sight, and all thanks to my sports bra 😆

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldest • newest
  • .... or rather the lack of it!!! Well done Koraline👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🏃🏼‍♀️

Think I may try this approach, not by leaving sports bra at home but going out with a mental challenge to complete before I get home, something I just haven't had time to think through. Then when that adorable music starts, consider all the possible outcomes, pros, cons etc

I will let you know how it goes.

FYI my sports bras don't fasten front or back, you have to try wriggle into them like a skin tight t shirt (I'm not very big). Some how getting out is more of a problem!☹️

Week 5 we are coming to get you 🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️👍🏼👍🏼

• The getting in/out of them seems like a workout in itself doesn't it?

Good luck for next week!

• This thread made me laugh this morning. When I first joined this forum I posted how I needed support as there were no C25k ers within 996 miles ( according to the app) and no Park runs etc to aim for ( I'm in Canada). Rignold replied saying not to worry, as other C25k ers smell funny and all they ever talk about are shin splints, sports bras and Garmins!!

Wishing you a fragrant future in running!!😉😉

• Brilliant post 😂

• Haha! If it works then don't change it. I hate those racer back bras. They remind me of the old corsets women use to wear yonks ago 😩

• Fab! I refer to mine as the ForthBridgeBra for its sturdy engineering qualities and it's a bugger to get into. When I dislocated my shoulder a couple of years ago I couldn't do the back up at all, but I did discover that even with a ShockAbsorber you can do it up around the front and then swivel it around and sort of schlooop yourself into it with a bit of a wriggle and a twist. I count it as part of my warm-up exercise :)

Well done on completing week 4 - you're nearly halfway through! Keep it up and happy running :)

You may also like...