Tempted to run on rest days!

I totally understand the need for rest days and have religiously stuck to the program so far. Just finished Week 3 this morning (yay!). However this running thing seems to have given me extra energy and I'm finding I sometimes feel like running on rest days. What could I do instead? I did think maybe a brisk walk would be better than nothing. Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Anything non impact.

• Walk, swim, cycle, strength and flex,yoga, pilaties , loads to choose from but no running!

• How long have you got..? There is so much to choose from... :)

As Jacs-W says....and you could add...hiking, climbing...swim fit...gardening..:)

• I feel exactly the same regarding more energy. I walk our Weimaraner every morning for 2 miles and before running it was enough at 5 o'clock in the morning but this week I walked an extra 1/2 mile and could have done more but was restricted to time 😃

• skwaats

• Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think I'll do a mixture of walking and my trusty exercise bike (which I'll have to stop using as a coat rack 😜)

• The crafty NHS is wise to this problem so there's a companion podcast programme called NHS Strength and Flexibility with more of the lovely Laura.

• Thanks. I'll check it out.

You may also like...