Treadmill Benefits

Treadmill Benefits

Hi all. I downloaded the app (again) after seeing my friend posting on insta and thought I'd give it another go. I weigh about somewhere be 15 and 16 stone. I gave up the 1st time round because I really felt conscious about being seen in public and the hard flooring would really hurt my feet and knees. Fast forward to 2 days ago where I bought a second hand treadmill. The 1st day I tested it... for an hour! This included the W1R1. Then today I did x2 W1R2's. I have to say; the treadmill has been a God send. Easy on the joints, don't have to worry about what I look like, I run to a consistent speed, not weather dependant and so on. Anyone contemplating getting a treadmill... I highly recommend it :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Just remember to have the rest days that the program says to!

And ....... don't fall off and always wear clothes - you have heard about Carol Vorderman telegraph.co.uk/news/celebr...

• I'm defo wearing clothes as the treadmill is next to the window lol plus, erm, wobbly bits 😝 Id rather run everyday because if I stop, I STOP. Ooh, I shall check out that article...

• Good for you. For anyone considering going outdoors, I would say, come on out, it's lovely out here, and no one notices what you look like.

Keep it up!!

• Oh it's lovely and warm today. There will be times when I won't be able to use the treadmill and possibly there may come a time when I may not want to but for now it's great for me who suffers from social anxiety and depression. I feel tip top 💪

• I suffer with the same and I would love a treadmill but not sure where I would put it in my small home...would benefit the whole family though

You may also like...