Lose the coat, ditch the hat!! - self confidence at last!

When I started this journey two months or so ago, I was very self conscious and made sure that I only ran when it was dark.

Even then I pulled on a coat and hat, telling myself it was because of the cold, but looking back I think it was really about covering up and not wanting anyone to see me.

Well today I decided to ditch the coat and hat and get out there during daylight!

Well that small act of throwing off the mask made a big difference. I ran more confidently, smiling through most of it and finishing W8R2 on a real high :)

Thanks to everyone for your support and advice throughout this journey. It's been amazing!!!!

1 more run this week and then it's time for W9 :D /cheer

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You ran in a hat and coat!!! I think you deserve a badge just for doing that!

Lovely post, well done.

• You have done brilliantly! Just shows how your confidence has grown alongside your running skills!

Graduation is just around the corner😃🏃🏻🏃🏼‍♀️

• hopefully you will stop at throwing hats n coats off lol xx brilliant well done you , head high XXX

• Well done! I know how hard it is to face who you really are and how you really see yourself, you can be amazingly supercalifragilisticexpialidociously proud of yourself!

• Fab.

• Well done! Thanks to a lot of support on here, I decided to 'ditch the coat' the other day. It was a bit scary at first but it wasn't long before I was too puffed out to care.

Also, well done for smiling through W8R2!! Very impressive :)

• Well done. Free at last 😃

Rejoice and have fun. Better weather on the way, lighter mornings and evenings do lots more time to pratice 🙂

Just keep going steady. Job's a good un🙂

• One of the reasons that I hang around this forum is to hear stories like yours, of the power of learning to run. Self esteem and confidence grow alongside all the physical gains.........it was a surprise to me.

Keep running, keep smiling.

• Fantastic and uplifting, good for you 😀.

You may also like...