Week 8 r2 cream crackered update

Week 8 r2 cream crackered update

Dah dah , thats run 2 of week 8 out of the way , quite unexpectedly or should i say more surprisingly ? I dont know . Todays run wasnt even meant to happen until tomorrow , it seems to take a little longer to get over these longer runs , or am i just being a wuss? This morning i was planning to walk from my house to the main post office in sutton, which from morden is about 2.8 miles , to go and hand in application for my 1st ever passport [ how i got to 55 without one i dont know lol ]. So as its a bit chilly ive got my running tights on with shorts , cos lets face it girls without them , tights dont look good on a bloke , and long sleeve compression top and t-shirt .

Anyway off i stroll and after about 10 mins of walking , think well if im going that far i may as well see how the legs are doing and i slide into jog mode .'' well done '' i hear you say , but boy oh boy what a mistake .i didnt take into account the terrain , my normal jog routes are normally fairly even with a couple off really AND I MEAN GENTLE] gentle slopes , but these were a bit more inclined than what ive been used to and closer together . It became a real battle of will and i might say stamina to see it through , Wrong clothing saw me getting all hot and bothered , i couldnt get my breathing right , it even got to the point where i deliberately sought a downhill final 3 minutes to see it through and extra 10 minutes to post office . But its done thats whats important . So 8 weeks in i should take comfort that todays effort was the 1st time since i started that i nearly sacked a run off , but i didnt so right now im feeling tired out but bloody chuffed and in theory ive only got 4 more runs to do to graduate.

Blimey how time flies , 8 weeks ago i was looking at the c25k plan and thinking youve got no chance son , look at me now , even at 17st i regard myself as a jogger [runner will come later ]. im a stone lighter im a whole ton better with my own self esteem and confidence and a whole heap happier. c25k may have lead me to being able to run for 30 minutes , but it has helped me loads to feeling better about being me.

when i started c25k i was 18st7lb im now down to 17st1lb 55 years old ex smoker ex boozer, you name it im ex it.

MY POINT IS IF I CAN DO IT , THEN SO CAN YOU , SO CAN ANY ONE . AS THE LOREAL ADVERT SAYS '' BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT''.

even when you feel you cant do it , all you have to do is put one foot in front of the other and say no

anyway , ramblin on now ........laters

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • So worth it ! Well done !

You may also like...