Man flu (sorry blokes for being sexist)

Well due to start week 3 run 1 tomorrow after a couple of days off due to work. Buuut I've got the dreaded lurgy. Typical not had a cold for months and start something I am loving then get ill. I am sooo determined to do my run tomorrow but as I feel so rubbish with a bad cough is this wise? Shall I go and see how I do? Don't want to loose my mojo and my fitness I've built up so far.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest • newest
  • General rule is - above the neck OK to run, below wait until it's better.

Err on the side of caution. Better to lose a day or two than a week or two because you pushed too soon. You won't lose all your fitness in a day or two.

Get well soon.

• Ah I have a chesty cough with it so I think I'll see how I am tomorrow. Hoping it's one of these 2 day things when you feel crap for 2 days then ok. Thanks for the advice.

• Stay home..rest up..recover🙂 Mojo and fitness...they don't go that quickly!!!

Get out again when you feel better🙂

• Thanks guys I just worried I'll loose what fitness I've gained if I take a couple of days off. Guess I'm hooked. Duvet day today.

You may also like...