W4R1

I'm sorry but I simply MUST rant about this - I can't believe I went from running 9 minutes in 30 with difficulty to actually completing 16 mins of running in 30 today! HOW DID I ACCOMPLISH THIS. I used to say that the only thing I'd ever run for was the last bus/train/tube home and now look at me!

Also I'm starting to suspect that maybe I'm stronger than I think and the uncertainty and lack of faith are mental more than anything. I haven't pushed my body like this for years and years, and so I think I'm naturally more inclined to give up sooner because I'm just not used to being in discomfort like this. When I stopped listening to the whiney voice in my head complaining about how much my calves were hurting I found that those sequences of 3-5-3-5 mins were achievable. Happily looking forward to W4R2 now! ^_^

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Haha I think you're in the zone! No looking back.

• Hit the nail on the head!!!

Good luck with the rest.

• Learning to run for thirty minutes is definitely more of a mental challenge than most beginners realise. Well done, junkie, you sound hooked.

• You are doing great, keep doing more of the same 👍🏼

• Very well done... keep at it.. happy running :)

• Well done, quite a shock when you realise you can do it isn't it? 😃

• YES!

• You're getting fitter....In only 4 weeks...imagine what you'll be like at the end of 9 weeks !

• It's like magic isn't it? Now, about 4 weeks post graduation I feel like 20 minutes is the home strait, HOW??? Well done you, enjoy 👍🏻

• Well done you! What a lovely uplifting post 😃

You may also like...