Hi - i only graduated 11th July and found myself wondering how I would manage to continue running on holiday just 11 days later. I read before I went that if you run twice a week you can maintain fitness but to improve it you should go out 3 times. Whilst I managed to go out 6 times over the 2 week break I discovered the following:-
1) A personal best was out of the question
2) running for 30 mins in heat of 30+ was not possible for me (but I could run between 20-25 mins and walk to make up the rest).
3) you sweat - loads!! Even after you stop running!
4) if possible it's best to go earlier in the day as even at 7pm it was usually 32
5) the more alcohol you have to drink the night before, the harder the run the next day!!
6) make sure you're hydrated before you go and think about taking a small bottle of water with you. I can't run with something in my hand but if you're out for any longer I would have had to take a bottle.
A friend who has a place out there tells me that my running should have now improved - even though I don't feel like it has as my runs were slower and shorter. I'm hoping to go running in the next couple of days to test out the theory.
Good luck to all you runners taking on the heat!!