Couch to 5K
54,624 members87,103 posts

W1 R3

Up with the lark again this morning for my third walk-run-walk - can't say I especially 'enjoyed' it but I love the fact that I'm doing it! I just can't believe that I'm really going out in public and attempting to run - something I never ever thought I would do. I've been wondering what to wear to run in that doesn't make me feel too self-conscious - I don't like close fitting things so leggings and most women's exercise kit is very off-putting - and I've found something fab for me - it's a combo of leggings and a little skirt, called a 'skapri' - I feel really comfortable in it, both physically and psychologically!

And I think this forum is probably the friendliest and most positive place I've ever found on the internet - thanks so much everyone for your encouragement!!

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Aah yes the outfit! I have eventually found something suitable to be seen outdoors in but I like the sound of a skapri.

2 likes

PS well done getting though the week!

2 likes

Thank you! Can't quite believe I'm doing it!

1 like

I'm loving the skapri - I do get so annoyed when there seems to be an assumption that just because I want to do some exercise I must also want to go out in skin tight clothes. I wouldn't run around my neighbourhood in just my tights so why would I do it in tight leggings? (It's like when I see the beachwear section appear in department stores - do they assume I want to dress like Bet Lynch as soon as the sun comes out?!)

2 likes

hahahahaha

1 like

Yeay.. out there and strutting your stuff.. !

A few of us have the Skapri... great in summer too!

The enjoyment will come...just relax into it, forget everyone and everything else and just take it slowly and steadily!

I was out this morning too... nippy wind..but glorious, across the fields ... off to build a shed now! :)

Well done you...watch out week 2 !!!!

1 like

Thanks Oldfloss, enjoy your shed-building!

Well done on getting out there.

I seen the skapri, id be interested to know how you get on with it. I think our AnneDroid often runs in a kilt!

Leggings are fine with a longer tshirt , whenever you feel like trying it. For the warmer weather now though you have probably made a good choice!

Keeeeeep runnning 😀

2 likes

Well I've run twice in a kilt! But I do like the additional coverage so have been thinking about a skort for the summer. Didn't know about skapris. A long teeshirt is good though. I often buy men's running tops instead of women's for that reason. :)

2 likes

This is the one I've got, very happy with it

amazon.co.uk/Mountain-Wareh...

1 like

You will lose your inhibitions shortly, we all do 😊 You can run in whatever you like, it's your run.

Well done! Keep going, nice and steady! Slowly does it

1 like

You are right MW, Ive now moved to more fitted running vests..... still like them long mind you!

1 like

I like long in winter as the small of my back gets cold. I have a short one, which just comes below my waistband, that I like for races. It's a cheap as chips Tossco burnout one. It was a one-off and I have never found another. The ones they make now are huge. I am sure they would slide off your shoulders. I did get a beautiful shortish one from Aldi. As long as no flesh shows round my belly when I run I am sorted.

1 like

I've just done W2R1 - like you I can't say I exactly enjoyed it! - but I am glad I'm doing it! Just got to keep up the enthusiasm now!

1 like

You may also like...