Just starting out

Hi. I started on c25K last Monday and completed day 3 on Friday. Found it hard going and now know just how unfit I am! However, I find myself looking forward to week 2 day 1 tonight with my lovely trainers at the YMCA in St Annes on Sea and am hoping that at some point it starts to get a little easier!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Welcome! Don't forget that there are no prizes for speed at this stage. If things start to get tough, slow down, really slow down.

• Yep, slowing down is rule no 1 on here :D

And don't worry about being unfit. You're already on your way to making that a thing of the past.

Keeping us up-to-date about your progress is rule no 2 btw ;)

• Hope it all went well! Running along the prom is lovely - as long as it's not blowing a gale!

• I might get to the prom at some point lol. Still just jogging about down the side of the golf course where less people can see me sweating and gasping! ;)

• Yes I always avoided it when it was busy. The humiliation of not being able to overtake pensioners out for a stroll was too much to bear!

You may also like...