Couch to 5K
52,804 members84,899 posts

Week 8 done

So I'm moving onto the final week next. How exciting. I was thinking as I ran my 28 minutes today...ideally everyone would be able to run outside but that is not an option for me, however, as I ran I looked at palm trees and lovely little birds swooping around, I watched food carts and tuk tuks go about their business in the street below and pondered on a nice warm outdoor swim afterwards and thought 'it's not too shabby this!'. So onwards to week 9, can't wait!

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes, life has its consolations!

I used to play football in Singapore (loooong time ago) and running in that climate is possible as long as you take it easy and take care with hydration. I don't suppose it would ever be very pleasant, though.

1 like

The heat is the main part but also in Bangkok the pavements are treacherous and heaving! Maybe when I'm a lot fitter and it's the 'cool' season?...

1 like

Good luck with W9! I remember going to a golf driving range in S. Korea and seeing one of the locals walk up to the big fan that was keeping us a bit cooler, undoing his belt and dropping his trousers to get some breeze blowing round his nethers :o

1 like

Lol! Thank you for the encouragement.

You may also like...