Week 9 by accident

I was due to start my first week 8 run today so set Laura going and off I went. Coped with the strong head wind and then my legs began to give up on me on an uphill section. It was only at that point did I realise that I should have already finished running - but why was the music still playing?

I was not going to stop before the music so turned round and ran back the way I had come. The dulcet tones of Laura finally announced I had run for 30 minutes.

30 minutes?? I was meant to run for 28! At that Point I realised I had started week 9 podcast.

So I have come from barely running 60 seconds to running for 30 minutes in an amazing 6 and a half weeks!

I am proof the program works. Of course now I have 5 more 30 minute runs to complete to fully end the program. I managed 4.2km today so my aim is to try and improve that distance.

I feel on top of the world now, having recovered!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ha ha! Well done! Am-a-zing! Good innit when things come together. You got a Brucie Bonus there (to quote the famous Pops). She'll be along in a minute to congratulate you

Enjoy the rest of your day! Happy running!

• Ha Alexa well done😊

Now you won't have the self-doubt about the extra minutes to worry about..

Go you ..the podium is within touching distance.. stretch...😊xx

• Wow... well...no excuses now.. you KNOW you can do it.. well done you... !!!!!!!!!!!

You may also like...