Where do I start? Nearly 3 weeks off

It was almost 3weeks ago that I did w5 r1 ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ I'm feeling much better now, not quite 100% but loads better ๐Ÿ‘The question is do I repeat w5 r1 and see how I go, or am I setting myself up for a fail?

I was so pumped to do this ๐ŸŽ‰ being ill has been a pain in the @ยฃ&e๐Ÿ™„

How would you go about it? I don't want to injure myself!

I need to get back out there! Any advice is greatly appreciated x

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Take it easy but you should be able to continue from where you left off.

You won't have lost anything significant in terms of aerobic capacity in three weeks.

All the best.

• Thanks, I think that's what I wanted to hear๐Ÿ˜€

• It depends on how you'd feel if you started back at W5R1 and didn't manage to finish it?

As you're not yet 100% and W5R1 was difficult, I'd be inclined to take it back one run to W4R3. It'll only put you a couple of days behind but should give you the ability to tackle W5 again with confidence.

Whatever you decide, hope you have a good run!

• Just, as ever, slow and steady and move on.

Many of us have had a few weeks and more on the IC this Winter.... Your body will tell you if things are not right :)

Just go out there and take it very gently until you feel you are back up to ..errr.... speed :) Good Luck !

• If it was me, I think I'd redo one of W4 and see how I feel. If I was ok, I'd then restart week 5. Good luck and glad to hear you're much better ๐Ÿ‘

• Thanks guys, I think I'll do a w4 and take it from there๐Ÿ˜€

• Try where you left off, slowly! It's only been 3 weeks..๐Ÿ˜Š

• Update:-

Storm Doris obviously thought I needed just one more rest day ๐Ÿ˜‚ I could have tried but it really wouldn't have been sencible ๐ŸŒถ

• Omg๐Ÿ™„ Sensible ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐ŸŒถ

You may also like...