W4R3 done - can't believe I've stuck at this for a month!

Just did the final run for Week 4 today; feeling good that I completed this week. This run was a bit of a mixed bag though - fastest time for distance so far, but I didn't pace myself brilliantly and was struggling for breath a bit of the way. Gremlins were hard at work in the final two run intervals, but I pictured squishing them with my shoes and just kept repeating in my head "you are a runner. You are a runner. You can make it to that tree. You are a runner." I was glad to stop at the end though :)

So for next week, I'm aiming to start with a slower pace and see if I can save that energy for the end. I was also running a bit later in the morning today - 9:30am and there were more people about so I may have tried to look like a proper runner and keep the pace up until I was out of eyeshot :P

Onwards and upwards - hope you all are enjoying your running journeys! And thanks for all the encouragement - it's helped me stick to it :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Slow and steady is the way...you are doing fine. Squishing those pesky gremlins and keeping going. Don't push yourself too hard...a little way to go yet.

Speed comes later...but....you are a runner..and will get there. Well done !

• Yup - I just need to remember to slow down as I'm trying to build stamina and strength. And maybe if I focus on breathing, that will help as well :) I'm finding the running good though and don't feel sore or tight afterwards which I guess is a good sign.

I'm a fairly fast walker - usually do around 6.5 or 7km an hour - so it can feel a bit frustrating if you can walk faster than you can run, but speed comes with time. :)

• Well done...Keep going...

• Well done! Slow is good, especially for the upcoming week. Don't worry about what those other people might think - they probably don't notice and even if they do you could have just run 10 miles for all they know! :)

• I'm doing this run tonight and I was keen to try up my pace but I don't want to run out of steam and mess it up completely. Pretty excited for week 5 now!

You may also like...