Calm after the storm

Hi folks! How's everyone doing? 🙋

So today I went out for a run after all the ups and downs of the past week. First thing I have to say is what a brilliant day we had weather wise, certainly a pleasant change from recent 👍.

So went out this evening fully loaded, that's running gear, decent play list and the perfect weather. Off I went and within minutes I had my right calf feeling a bit tight and thought it was going to be a very short run. However,luckily, it was a temporary glitch in the system and all cylinders were firing soon after.

After last Friday's run of 4k and the rather long walk home, I didn't feel particularly tired and so tonight pushed myself that much further.

I'm happy to say that I managed the full 5k today and was quite impressed with the time as well. 👏👏👏

So looks like service is back to normal, just got to get the overall fitness levels back and then prepare for the 10k challenge.

Would also like to say a big thank you to Bob Marley, Adele, The Cars, Billy Ocean, and all the others on my play list that made this happen.. 😅😅😅😅

And of course the C25K family for all your support.

4 Replies
oldest • newest

Good to hear you're back on form

1 like

Sounds great... and why don't I have Bob Marley on my playlist?? 😂

1 like

Well done! Take it easy though, and maybe consolidate 5k runs for a while..😊 oh, and that's a good playlist! Adele! WTF! Now, no swearing Adele!😁

1 like

plan is to stick with 5k for a month or so and get down to my original running speed. Mid March early April will start the longer distances.

1 like

You may also like...