Running for the mind as well as body!

I had always planned to do W2R2 last night. As it turned out I had a horrible day at work and got home feeling angry and frustrated. I was determined to get out and do my run and achieve something positive with my day. It was hot, sweaty, and I was sure I would end up with a stitch, but my bad mood spurred me to run faster at each interval, and I didn't end up with a stitch after all. I have to say I felt so much better after my run!!

I've created a new running play;list for the next time I go out, and I'm downloading an app to keep track of how far I run each time. I'm looking forward to getting out for W2R3 :-)

12 Replies

• Yayyy! I think it's brilliant for stress relief. Having over done it myself today, and reporting from the injury couch, I feel compelled to say 'take it carefully' with the faster, it takes a while for your leg muscles to get used to the demands... but, still, enjoy.

• Thanks for the reminder pollyp1! I'm being careful not to overdo it, and trying to focus on maintaining a steady but consistent pace. I hope you get off the injury couch soon :-)

• Thank you.

• It really is the perfect antidote to the people and situations that really make the workday unpleasant :) I had a similar rotten day yesterday but as I ran today I imagined them turning blue and dying of cardiac failure while I, cackling insanely as I read the Obituaries, am fit as a fiddle with the heart and lungs of a teenager through Running ;)

• Remind me , never to upset you !

But, yes, the running...the panacea for..most..ills:)

• Cackling insanely & waving a pair of lacey knickers?? It's only a matter of time....😄

• What have I started with this thread?! Bringing back memories of the horrendous purple gym knickers we had to wear at school...

• Oh yes.... the many rewards we get from running.. instant stress relief...:)

The trick is to bottle the feeling, a bit like The BFG and the dreams... and then open it to take a small sniff, when things life gets at us :)

Well done you :) Onward and upward... :)

• Thanks everyone, I'm pleased to say Wednesday was a much better day, and I'm looking forward to getting out for W2R3 later :-)

• And to think I used to think running was just about exercise ☺

• Running is fab as a stress reliever, it's great to get out there and clear your head isn't it?

• Absolutely!

You may also like...