W4R2 - Done .... and no back ache..YAY ME!!

So - thanks again to everyone, firstly for all your concern/interest, and secondly for all your comments and advice. it was greatfully appreciated.

i DID take it all on board and i'm sure i will be using some of the tips/ideas through the rest of the programme - however - tonight i decided to give week 4 another go and see how i got on! (sorry! personality flaw!)

i am very pleased to say there was no back ache!! - admittedly i DID slow the pace - just a wee bit though - and i was very conscious of any warning signs etc - and i WOULD have stopped if the ache kicked in again - honest!

however - because i knew the 'pattern' of the run, i just used the timer on the treadmill and went to my own music - i think this helped me loads - the time seemed to go really quicker as i sang along to the songs (in my head of course! - not quite mastered running/singing/breathing yet!!... haha) - but in general it was a good run!

i ended up finishing all sweaty and heavy legs as usual but no back ache - so all good - I'm hoping it was just a glitch/bad day at the office or something, but it did serve as a reminder that i will have to always be on guard and be careful not to push it too hard.

i am after all on a treadmill in my own house and i'm not racing anyone - slowly slowly catchy monkey as they say!

so - wee rest day tomoz and lets see what friday brings!

thanks again to everyone who posted - I'm loving the encouragement - i apologise for my personality flaw of 'not letting it beat me' ..haha ... but i WILL be careful.

cheers everyone

Kaz. x

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yay you!

Well done. There is no such thing as too slow and slowing it down a tad looks like it helped. Seems like you have the measure of it now.. enjoy the next one! 😊

• cheers! .. x

• Well done, and just take care of that back. We don't want you on the injury couch!

• thanks - i'll definitely be mindful x

• Ah that's great news Kaz, Well done ! :-) xxx

• cheers - thanks for the support x

• Absolutely chuffed to bits that you're able to continue :D ! Take care...xx

• cheers - me too! was getting worried there! x

• Brilliant news.. just keep it slow and steady.. and remember, we are keeping an eye on you x

• hahaha - thanks for that! - i'll be good :) x

• That's great - and good to hear tire going to be sensible and listen to your body on future too ;)

Well done for not giving in and calling it quits - keep going slow & steady. That's always best - think tortoise and hare... :)

• thanks - yeah - i'll defo be wary now, cheers! x

• Great news! Delighted for you 👏👏

A wee bit of stubborn is good. 😉 You obviously know your own body & limits.

• thanks - i'd have been gutted if i had to stop - i'll be careful tho - looking forward to fri :). x

You may also like...