Couch to 5K

Post grad park run

Post grad park run

So this morning I did my first parkrun in over 4 years. As I was waiting at the bus stop my cousin drive past so I got a lift to the park.

I ran with my brother and over 200 other runners. The park is a lot more hilly than the park I usually run in and I had to walk a few times but I managed it and got a time of 40.20 so I've got something to work on!

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Congratulations on getting out for a park-run. It's something I'm considering for the future but getting myself ready for running at 9.00 a.m. does not appeal to me at all.

40:20 is a great time especially on a hilly course with a few walks.

Loving your brother's hair-do by the way!

3 likes

Thank you!

Good for you! That's the beauty of running, you just keep practicing. Running every other day and maybe doing some other exercise on your non-run days, getting stronger and fitter as you go, will help you increase your speed. It's not a quick process but I guess you know that by now

Have fun!

3 likes

I swim once a week and try and do my pilates DVD a couple of times a week in addition to my running so hopefully that'll help my core muscles.

1 like

Well done. I still haven't braved the local parkrun but I did around 5.6 k last night in 41.22 so I will possibly give it a go next month. Kinda nervous about running with other people - I've been a solo artist to date.

Thanks, I don't really pay attention to the others I just go at my own pace buy it's lovely when the stewards are cheering you on!

1 like

Well done and that's a great time! I'd love to do park run but I work every Saturday. It would be a very hilly course too like yours. I think on Monday I'm going to run down to the park they use and follow the route to see how I get on :)

Go for it!

1 like

You may also like...