W8 R2

I've been on the IC for 6 days with a very heavy cold, chesty cough, sore throat etc, so wondered how the second run would go with that longer break and it went well! I didn't feel quite so strong as I did on W8 R1 so I chose to vary my route and head up a wee hill in the last 5 minutes so I could ease into a slight downhill on the last 2 minutes (sneaky!) I would remind you that I also chose this route as I have a slight downhill in the first 5 mins then an uphill (again, easing myself into it!)

I wondered briefly if I wouldn't manage 28 mins, having been fighting a virus.

I actually felt this thought sneak into my mind at the 5 minute and 14 minute reminders from Laura but you know what, I took those thoughts captive and kept on keeping on! You just gotta put your head up, chest back, keep it slow and steady and go for it!

Yay- so one more to do (Thursday?) then try W9 starting at the weekend. I am wondering about trying a park run on the other side of the city on Christmas Eve.

I am still incredulous that I am here, after all the slow weeks with repeat runs, especially that bl***y Week 4!

I can't stress enough to anyone reading this to trust the programme, it really works.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Go you! That finish line is in sight now. x

• I would deffo do the parkrun 😊

Sounds like you're on the mend ☺

• Sounding good! Definitely do the park run - you'll enjoy it

You may also like...