A Change Is As Good As A Rest

Regular readers will know that I favour running early in the morning and that I want to start running every other day as opposed to three times a week.

Last week I did not run on Saturday meaning that I had only run three times. My plan B was to start my running week today Sunday so that I could fit in 4 runs this week.

However I didn't get up early enough to run before I was due to go bell ringing. Instead I walked the couple of miles to the next village where I ring. After ringing I walked on up to the walled garden and had breakfast of eggs on toast in the cafe therebefore walking back home.

This evening, before supper, I went out and ran the almost identical route that I had walked this morning. A little further than I have run in any of my runs for the last few weeks. And I am on course for my 4 runs this week though I will be careful not to run much further, 10%, than I did last week. I will try and go a little faster.

Happy runnings.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds like a good day😊

• Your walk for breakfast sounded great, and I'm impressed that you then ran the route as well. Good to see you're on course for your 4 runs.

• Great day! Please don't run more than 10%, says someone with experience!

• I am well warned.

• Lovely post... and a lovely run... but, go steady and do not push yourself too hard...the key is... enjoyment :)

• Enjoyment is my number one goal. Some progress will be good but I have lots of time for that.

• Oh yes... time to enjoy :)

You may also like...