Parkrun in the bag

Parkrun in the bag

Hi all

After a week from hell juggling sick wee ones, work and life.... I completed my first parkrun in 38.30 so that's a new bench mark for me I wasn't last either!!! Not that I cared it was good to be out.

I can't believe I've ran so publicly as back 10 weeks ago I started in the dark as I was afraid somebody would see me, 😁😎..

I was anxious starting a lot of people but got into my own pace as others passed by, some of those then stopped and I could see they were doing intervals etc. I kept plodding a little slower than before but it felt good to get to 4k and know I was on the last wee stretch .

I can't say I sprinted to finish but picked up pace a little , I know I can push a little more but slowly slowly I can't believe I did it ....

Have faith people , keep at it

May get a photo later , somebody was taking photos

Last edited by

16 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Yeay ! !

Great first time time. :)

• Very well done.. great pikkie too!

• Fantastic run, fantastic photo! Well done πŸ‘πŸΌπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

• Great photo, great effort. You look like a seasoned runner in that picture - what a difference 10 weeks makes.

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚don't know about that .... I will do it again maybe next week

• We just recently got Parkrun and it's pretty much my Saturday ritual now. It's addictive, and it keeps me accountable to at least one run per week.

• Exactly that's what I'm hoping for but intend improving and still getting out during the week, met some other people who run on certain evenings so might join them 😁

• Well done !

Great pic too , you're looking very comfortable and in control there . Great time too ! :-) xxx

• Nothing like a bit of hi viz pink to help you blend into the background ! Fantastically well done.

• πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Great time and great pic - lovely to hear it went so well.

• Fabulous. Great photo.

• Congratulations! Fantastic time too!

• Great work and what a fantastic time!

• Excellent stuff Cuig1975! :)

You really are a true runner now aren't you? Look...there's the proof...you're running a park run! Amazing to think what it was like not that long ago, eh? :) Well done.

• well done, you look amazing and that's a great achievement x

You may also like...