Knees are holding up nicely, Parkrun here I come

After staying in London to care for my daughter following her kidney transplant 15 days ago, today we all came home to the Midlands for a long weekend!

I have also been nursing niggly knees the past three weeks so have had very few runs. But today on arriving home after a three hour drive, I decided I was running!

So I embraced the dark, the cold, the rain, the slippery leaves etc. Just a cheeky 2.5 k run and 1k walk. But the knees were fine. I was fine. I am happy.

We are all off to my local Parkrun on Saturday. I shall be running. Hubby and recovering daughter will have a walk.

Everything is pretty good in the world! I won't be fast but I will be running, and I am very very happy! πŸ˜ƒπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘Ÿ

23 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Sounds great Jacs, just the ticket !

I am so pleased your daughter is doing well, all the very best to you all xxx

• Thanks Poppypug. Hope all is ok with you and yours. Stay strong, stay running xxxxx

• Thank you Jacs xxx

Mam was quite alert today, very up and down at the moment, we are just taking it day by day xxx

• Great news, glad the knee is behaving. I am sure you will have a great parkrun. So amazing your daughter feels like a walk after only 15 days, wow. Inspirational. Have a wonderful weekend together Rfc X.

• Thanks RFC. Yes she is doing really well. Slow and steady but definitely need to keep moving! She has more energy now than for many years, but need to be mindful of the surgery so got to go gently . Hope all is good with you and your family xxxxx

• We are fine thank you. Steady and slow but the same have to keep moving to stay healthy. Exercise (whichever it is) is so important on so many different levels.

• So glad your daughter is doing well and that you were able to enjoy your run without knees demanding attention. Hope you all enjoy the parkrun.

• Thank you Orchards. Our local Parkrun is through a part of the National Forest so probably a chance to enjoy your kind of run tooπŸ‘πŸΌ

• Such great news all round Jacs. I'm sure that run was just the best after everything you've been through. Enjoy your parkrun πŸ™‚

• Thank you IP, you are right, one of my best runs ever even though first time ive been out in the dark! πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

• Welcome home Jacs-W and enjoy your pr on Saturday 😊

• Thank you! Im a bit nervous to be honest but I m going to do it! Daughter and hubby wont walk far but it is a lovely route in the National Forest and coffee available if required, perfect πŸ˜€

• You'll be fine, just take it steady and don't feel you have to try and keep up with the speedsters, you'll get lots of encouragement and support from everyone there :-)

• Yes, and my advice is not to set off too fast. Easily done if you are all spread out along the start. I find it hard to slow down to a more sensible (for me) speed

• Thanks for that great advice. It's a hill start I believe......I'm thinking I will go very very slowπŸ˜‰

• A hill start! Make sure you warm up first. But at least you shouldn't set off like a rocket :)

• Is it Conkers? If so, it is lovely. It was my first Park Run, exactly one week after graduating C5K. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming

• It's Rosliston Forestry Centre, a fairly newish route. I have to travel to either of those but Ros is a bit closer. Happy runningπŸ˜ƒπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

• have a great time anyway

• Go Jacs!

And blessings on your daughter. x

• Thank you AnnDroid....... I am going to embrace even if we get the heavy rain that is forecast. Use it or lose it πŸ˜ƒπŸ’

• We are forecast loads of heavy rain tomorrow :( . May be doing Parkswim rather than Parkrun.

And so good to hear about your daughter's amazing health transformation, Jacs-W .

• Thank you SlowWorm, I may take my snorkel πŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸš£πŸ’¦β˜”οΈπŸŒ¨

You may also like...