W6R3 That was hard work

Much as I love the encouragement from Laura, I thought 25 mins of the music might feel like a long time so I used my own music on the ipod. And it was going well till about 3/4 of the way through when I tripped up and fell over. other than wounded pride no real damage so I could get up and carry on running ( go me) This morning I have a couple of small bruises. Next week I'm going back to Laura! I am really pleased though, because I can see now that I will be able to complete the program if I stick with it. And I never thought that would happen. Have good week all!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I fell over last week aswell. And do so with depressing regularity. I have a theory that it strengthens my bones, a different form of high impact sport😈

• Ha! I like that theory!

• Nice thought!

• Ouch...but well done youx

• Wouldn't make a habit of it though..😲

• Well done PatentlyD. :)

I must agree that a lot of the music isn't exactly to my usual taste, but I will listen to just about anything tbh, so I stick with the podcasts and Laura as I like to get the small announcements out of the blue telling me that I'm almost done or whatever.

So you will be starting your week 7 on Sunday or maybe Monday? (I start mine tomorrow!) Anyway, good luck with it. :)

• Sorry to hear of your fall but brilliant that you picked yourself up and finished the run 👏 🙌

• I totally understand what you mean about tLaura's music, but what I've found is that when I listen to my own the tracks aren't always at the right tempo to suit the pace of my running and I end up slowing down or speeding up according to the pace of the music, which doesn't make for a good run, I don't suppose. I guess I just need to make up an appropriate playlist once I graduate. :-)

You may also like...