W3. First one done!

After worrying about the extra running time in W3 ( I even woke up in the middle of the night, thinking "can I do it?") I found it quite easy. I even ran an extra minute after my final walk, so I had energy to spare.. and I got nice smiles from 3 running ladies who cruised past in the opposite direction when I was on my cooling down walk. :) I think the new running shoes made all the difference.. At this stage the secret seems to be just mentally reallocating your goalposts..

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! Yes, you can do! c25k builds you gradually so you can do it, no need to worry!😊

• You will do it.. we have, many of us, had sleepless nights.. nervousness or excitement!

Well done :) Clearly the new shoes are attracting attention:)

• No, the shoes did help me run but I think it was more of a case of "Ah, I remember being at that stage."

• Well done Gograndad - I also completed W3R1 tonight - I thought Laura had gone bat crazy when she talked 3 minute run - I did it though, the knees held up and for a minute or 2 I even had a good steady pace rhythm. Here's to Run 2 - good luck

• Thanks. I've got my daughter joining me for my run 2 on Thursday. She's been running a few years and did a half marathon a few weeks ago. She's threatening to teach me some stretching and cooling down exercises etc.. :)

You may also like...