Week 2 second run

Hi I'm a newbie, unfit and never been a runner. Running on a treadmill I have completed week 1 and first run of week. Today after a days rest I did run 2. After the second run my calves felt like lead weights. I did complete the run. My question is, is this something to be concerned about? Do I just keep going the day after tomorrow and do run 3 or should I rest extra days. Any tips advice much appreciated. Thanks. Adrian.

5 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Rest days are important, if you feel you need more than one. then take an extra one :)

When you start, there are niggles..like your body saying "... excuse me, what the heck is happening?" so, slow and steady after your rest day and see how you go!

• Cheers, thanks for the advice.

• Well done for getting started. That's the hardest bit. For the first few weeks I found my legs had all sorts of odd aches and pains as they got used to what I was making them do. See how you feel in a clue of days,listen to your body. You will probably find you are fine. Happy running ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ๐Ÿƒ

• Thanks RunningGeek. All very new to me๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• good job for starters is ok man just try to be consistant you will grow into it

You may also like...