Week 5 run 1. Changing the game play

Week 5 run 1 competed. Nights are drawing in but the 15 minutes of running was surprisingly ok. Aching this morning but not too bad...Slightly worried about run 2 and run 3....I like the comfort of knowing I am improving the same run 2 more times....I say improving. Really it is just shuffling a few more times pretending I am really enjoying the experience! I know I am getting fitter. I know I am capable of running more. Lets face it, a the beginning the thought of running 5 seconds, let alone 5 minutes filled me with dread. So Thursday here I come into the unknown. Embrace the jog.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Well done. I've found that I cannot give up the running now because of the great benefits of health and well being I get.

I have probably repeated this before. Sorry if I have already said this in a post to you but I also thought couldn't run for 5 minutes now am running approaching 6K for 35 minutes plus.

I ran 5k on Sunday (moving house soon has upset my routine a bit) instead of my nearly 6k and my legs hardly ached and felt like I hadn't had a run. At first felt a bit disappointed but then thought to myself how far I had come and that 5K now felt "like a walk in the park".

Now I relish the challenge of getting to 6K perhaps even further but slowly !!

But I know I have reached a healthy weight and fitness that I am happy with and that I do not need to run more than 5K but I do like a challenge !

look forward to hearing about your progress.

You may also like...