What a feeling, I celebrated finishing W9R3 with an extra 3 mins of running (aka hobbling) - doh! The knee felt like crap but I've been out every other day for 9 weeks and I was not going to miss this just in case I woke up tomorrow and said "Well, maybe tomorrow" and so on. It had to be today. It was and I'm struggling to believe I made it through to here.
Time to reflect, what have I learnt?
- get proper running shoes with enough support
- don't try running on a full stomach
- don't drink and run (oh, sure water's OK but best not to do it after a couple of G&Ts)
- take Laura with you when you run (yeah, yeah, I know her taste in music isn't yours but ...)
- don't tell your FB, Twitter or IG friends you're doing C25K, at least not until you know finishing is a 'slam dunk'
- don't go too fast if you complete the C23K programme, or as I have the C24K programme who cares? That's 4k more than I could when I started
- tell yourself, on a daily basis, how amazing you are for even trying this!
- celebrate this community, it is very special and I am immensely grateful I joined nine weeks ago after W1R1. Special thanks to the running tribe.
Now ... WHERE's MY BADGE????