Against my better judgement: W9R3 finished!

What a feeling, I celebrated finishing W9R3 with an extra 3 mins of running (aka hobbling) - doh! The knee felt like crap but I've been out every other day for 9 weeks and I was not going to miss this just in case I woke up tomorrow and said "Well, maybe tomorrow" and so on. It had to be today. It was and I'm struggling to believe I made it through to here.

Time to reflect, what have I learnt?

- get proper running shoes with enough support

- don't try running on a full stomach

- don't drink and run ;) (oh, sure water's OK but best not to do it after a couple of G&Ts)

- take Laura with you when you run (yeah, yeah, I know her taste in music isn't yours but ...)

- don't tell your FB, Twitter or IG friends you're doing C25K, at least not until you know finishing is a 'slam dunk'

- don't go too fast if you complete the C23K programme, or as I have the C24K programme who cares? That's 4k more than I could when I started

- tell yourself, on a daily basis, how amazing you are for even trying this!

- celebrate this community, it is very special and I am immensely grateful I joined nine weeks ago after W1R1. Special thanks to the running tribe.

Now ... WHERE's MY BADGE????

28 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Congratulations so so chuffed for you. Well done

• Congratulations! I believe your badge is just at the engravers โ˜บ๏ธ The feeling of accomplishment is incredible and I believe it should be bottled๐Ÿ˜‰ Very well done, I too am a great believer that doing something is better than doing nothing. 5k eludes me, after almost 2 weeks since graduating, 3.5k is my personal best - but I am so proud โ˜บ๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Well done, Mr Humph! A great achievement. Now for a bit of consolidation?

• Yep. Unlike some of you here I was actually on the C24K programme so extending to 5k is the next target.

• I was on the c24k programme aswell - it's quite common! But the 5k came relatively quickly - enjoy!

• Yay! Well done. Enjoy your shiny, new badge ๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ

• Well done! and very good points, i've done the C23K myself, now its time to build on it, i suppose its similar to a driving test - you get better after you've passed (well i'm hoping)

• Oh Brilliant news - well done and congratulations ๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿƒ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜€ ad great advice especially about the G&T ๐Ÿ˜€- I am a C24k -er and proud!! Go get your badge!!

• WELL DONE! :)

• Oh Mr simonHumph, you're on the podium! Huge well done! Ha c24k, Im sure there are even more versions. Mine was around 3.4๐Ÿ˜‚

๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŒŸCONGRATULATIONS๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽˆand enjoy running freeโ˜บ

• Congratulations! Great advise. ;)

• A very big well done SimonHumph. ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿพ

• That's awesome!!!

• Well done and congratulations

• Well done! Such a great achievement ๐Ÿ˜€

• Well done!!! Here's to the future, just you and your trainers ... imagine where they could take you! Enjoy the badge :-)

• Congratulations!!! Great learnings too (good tips for us all!!!)

• Congratulations

• Brilliant, well done!

• Congratulations! Another graduate. I hope you are feeling really proud and planning lots of lovely running adventures ahead.

• Thanks all

• ... but how do I get the 'Graduate' badge?

• Yeay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Very well did it all..and you got the link to Graduation, at the side for your badge!

And yes... you are AMAZING!!!!!

• Thanks, which link?

• Fantastic! Hope you are celebrating!

• Fantastic run, congratulations! Enjoy your achievement. I covered 4K by graduation too but the 5k is just around the corner for us both!

• Thanks Jacsw I'll keep you posted on progress but a few days rest needed I fear

• The run world is now your (and mine) for the taking, let's have fun! ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป

You may also like...