Home again, running again

I went to France and had 5 lovely runs in the 16 days I was there - early morning is my time, so knowing I would be running the next morning stopped me from eating and drinking too heavily the night before, which has to be a good thing.

I got back yesterday and will go back to work tomorrow so today's the day for Wk 5, Run 3 even though I haven't run since Monday. Out at 7.00am. Used a tried and tested route and I did it!!! YAY!! I ran for 20 minutes!! Can't believe it!!

Lots of lovely PBs on Strava too - can't be bad.

Week 6 here I come!

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! :)

• Congrats on continuing in the heat, I'm in France and I know how hot it is! Where were you?

• Thank you.

We were on the Atlantic coast at Soulac sur Mer, just south of the Gironde. I can recommend it!

It was probably a bit cooler on the coast and my morning runs under the pine trees down towards the beach were amazing.

Where are you?

• A little place called Cordes-Sur-Ciel, in the Tarn. The nearest big town is Toulouse. It's very hot and hilly...

• Looks lovely but certainly hot and hilly. Happy to say - as a relative beginner - Soulac is flat and early in the morning it was cool.

• It is gorgeous, I love it here, and I did C25K here 2 years ago but I'm ready to go home to lovely flat cool Cambridge! 4 weeks today!

• I'm not too far from that on the Essex/Suffolk border. It's mainly flat here too!

• Well done - great news 😄

• Amazing, well done you! W5R3 is a big one and sounds like you sailed through! Great work running on holiday, no better way to experience a new place. :)

You may also like...