A funny old week, but now officially a runner

Completed my third week 6 run this morning and ran 25 minutes, ended on a high and with a lump in my throat as Laura said I am a runner. This week was the one that I really questioned whether I would be able to keep it up, but then a trip to the docs kicked me into touch, as he says I have high cholesterol and need to get it down as I have a family history of heart disease.

So lots of swotting up on chick peas, and getting my head round eating not avoiding carbs, but at least the running is a big plus, and this will be a good bit of motivation to keep it up. Hopefully this week has been my "wall", and I was definitely back to enjoying the magic on this morning's run - 25 minutes!!

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Achieving week 6 after the impossible week 5 looks easy but I found week 6 a breakthrough for me. When you look at weeks 7, 8 and 9 there is little to add,mot is just rest, run and repeat. Brilliant and just keep doing what you are doing to the finish line now!!

1 like

Breakthrough is a good word - that's how it feels! Thank you :)

1 like

well done...keep at it :D

1 like

Well done you are well on th way to graduation. Running for 25 minutes is fab xx

1 like

You sound like you are doing all the right things, and it is great that you are keeping going and that you are enjoying it. To be sure, you are a runner 😃.

1 like

You may also like...