A funny old week, but now officially a runner

Completed my third week 6 run this morning and ran 25 minutes, ended on a high and with a lump in my throat as Laura said I am a runner. This week was the one that I really questioned whether I would be able to keep it up, but then a trip to the docs kicked me into touch, as he says I have high cholesterol and need to get it down as I have a family history of heart disease.

So lots of swotting up on chick peas, and getting my head round eating not avoiding carbs, but at least the running is a big plus, and this will be a good bit of motivation to keep it up. Hopefully this week has been my "wall", and I was definitely back to enjoying the magic on this morning's run - 25 minutes!!

5 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Achieving week 6 after the impossible week 5 looks easy but I found week 6 a breakthrough for me. When you look at weeks 7, 8 and 9 there is little to add,mot is just rest, run and repeat. Brilliant and just keep doing what you are doing to the finish line now!!

• Breakthrough is a good word - that's how it feels! Thank you :)

• well done...keep at it :D

• Well done you are well on th way to graduation. Running for 25 minutes is fab xx

• You sound like you are doing all the right things, and it is great that you are keeping going and that you are enjoying it. To be sure, you are a runner πŸ˜ƒ.

You may also like...