Had a look back at my first posts, as thought I must have started about a year ago, and I was right!
Signed up to Healthunlocked 26th July 2015, downloaded C25K and started the next day.
So seemed like a good time to reflect on my runniversary positives 🎂
* I've found running has been a good stress reliever, something else to focus on and being outside is great.
* Enjoyed the structure of following the programme, and ticking off each session.
* Started parkrun in September, and looking forward to earning my red 50 t-shirt in the next couple of months. Earnt the lovely purple volunteer one already which I proudly wear.
* Also, around the same time went to local running club with a really supportive beginners group and made that part of my running routine.
* At new year, I resolved to move from the intermediate (5K) and push myself to go on the advanced runs (around 7.5K) so I was increasing my distance.
* Signed up for a 10 mile race in October, to give me something to work towards. I'm no speedster, but I will complete the distance, even if I do need some walking breaks!
* Found a training plan to help me towards my October goal, which I'm working through and ticking off like I did on C25K.
* Discovered virtual races, and entered a few - great for motivation if you like tangible bling.
* As of last week I'm trying to drink more water every day.
* Increasing my running sessions now I have October to aim for, and going to try and make healthier food choices.
* Sharing some of my runs with my lovely dog Juno. She loves bits of raw carrot as treats - so always seem to have a piece of hot sweaty carrot clenched in my hand, or in my pocket!
Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday break, and get some happy runs in 🏃🏃🏃