Half marathon training

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on the forum for a long time. I found it so helpful while I completed couch to 5k so I'm hoping I'm going to find it helpful now!

In September I'm doing a half-marathon. When I signed up o was still running two 10kms a week and increasing my distance regularly. I actually managed 17km in January.

However, work and a house move and a new puppy have got in the way and I'm now down to probably two runs a fortnight if no more than 5km each.

I've got a training programme and I'm confident there's time to get back up to distance, I just need my passion for running back! Has anyone had this slump?

Janey x

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I've slumped many times over the past four years since I first started running, but always come back to it. I can absolutely sympathise with the puppy disruption - we got two pups 14 months apart. Now that even the younger one is over a year old, life is so much easier again, and she's becoming a good running companion.

Keep going out, keep running, and the fun will come back. Especially having something to train for, the improvements week on week should light the spark again...

• Absolutely! I am sure you will find your mojo again. Which HM are you doing? By the way are you aware of the marathon/half marathon forum group?

healthunlocked.com/marathon...

I

• Welcome back! Pop over to the Bridge to 10k group too if you want.

healthunlocked.com/bridgeto10k

There's also a Marathon one, but I don't think there's a specific one for half-marathoners (yet...). [Edit - I see from dagshar that the marathon one covers both...]

I'm sure with a race and a plan you'll get going again. Enjoy!!

• Hi Littlepolarbear

I'm training for one at the moment in October and following a My Asics plan.

Take the bull by the horns and dive in ! I am sure once you make that start again, there will be no stopping you ! You've got a goal and a plan , go for it ! :-) xxx

• Thank you everyone, I wasn't aware of the other forums I'll have a look now! After writing that post I ran a 5km and it was the first one I've really enjoyed for ages :). So slow though - hopefully my speed improves along with getting my distance back up!

It'S the Disneyland Paris half marathon how amazing!

Also thank you for the puppy sympathy - I can't believe what a life changer she has been!

Janey x

You may also like...