Finally ran 5k!

Yesterday while on holiday in the heat of the French sun I finally ran 5k! Didn't set out to do it but was running on a straight (if undulating ) road through a forest in rural Brittany and realised I had the stamina to carry on and run the last bit I had planned as my cool down walk - and I did. 3,2 miles achieved in 39 minutes 40 secs. Not fast but my first ever 5 k a few weeks after graduation and I am dead proud of it!! Feel a fully fledged couch to 5ker now and in March when I started I struggled to run the one minute sessions! Look at me now running 5k on my holidays and loving it!

And yes a celebratory Breton cidre was had after!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

15 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done Hilary!!!

• Brilliant HilaryC well done!!!! what a lovely place to do the 5km. And that's a great time for your first 5k, particularly in the heat so give yourself a pat on the back πŸ‘

• Fantastic Hilary! Sounds a beautiful place to do your first 5k - that's one to remember with a smile!😊

• Fab x well done , and what a lovely first 5 k to remember

• Well done! It is such a good feeling isn't it? Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

• Brilliant! Well done. Sounded a lovely run too as did the celebratory tipple :-)

• Well done Hilary! That's quite a milestone!

• Fabulous and sounds like a gorgeous place to run:) congratulations!!!

• Brilliant ! Congratulations Hilary, really Well done ! :-) xxx

• well done. Find a local park run great for improving your pace without the pressure of a race. I have run on holiday but never abroad put my gear in the case and it has stayed there. Very impressed

• Well done, Congratulations Hillary ☺

• Congrats HilaryC one proud moment there!

• Awesome! :) :)

• Oh you fabulous HilaryC! Congratulations! You must be over the moon. You get that Bretton cider down you 😊 🍻🍸

• Well done

You may also like...