My first fail Wk7 Run1😒

Just done first run of week 7and stopped ar 20 minutes - just couldn't go on. I tried a new route which I think was my mistake as it had more narrow pavements and inclines (or that's what my head to,d me!). This is the first time I have failed to complete a run and feeling very fed up,. BUT then I thought (after a long mental session beating myself up) hey I am 61 years old, I have got to week 7 and I have lost 10 lbs in weight in 12 weeks - onwards and upwards!! I AM A RUNNER!!

Skip

Promoted Content

Download NHS Couch to 5K

The Couch to 5K plan is available as a podcast and app (Apple and Google Play)

Learn more

Promoted by Couch to 5K

12 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • You are indeed a runner and even more a runner now you've experience the rite of passage that is 'the bad run'

• You are indeed a runner. Sometimes it's just like that - not a failure because you were out running for 20 minutes! Just what we have come to call 'a practice run'.

You'll be fine next time!

• Yes you are a runner and this was just a bad run - a practice! I've had a couple like that and it's not a good feeling but you are right to put it behind you and move onwards....Good luck on the next one πŸ˜„ and well done on that weight loss - brilliant!

• Happens to us all - sounds like you are doing great to me.

• You certainly are a runner πŸ‘ blimey 61 and running for 20 mins I'm 44 and struggle to run for 90 seconds. You're doing fab πŸ˜„

• You're just fine. New routes are great, but because we're not used to them sometimes we need walk breaks. No big deal. You'll nail that run next time.

• You so definitely are a runner and practice runs help build stamina ! New routes can be challenging, I think you concentrate so hard on where you are that it lets the gremlins sneak in the back door 😁 I find narrow paths tricky too. You will nail it next time πŸ˜€

• Hi dwynne! Don't let those gremlins win! You are a runner, well done for getting to wk 7. Keep going , you can do it.

• Hello dwynne , don't be disheartened, you will do it! I've just managed a W7 run, but it was my third attempt, so I'm going do the week again until I can complete 3 in a row! Like you I just couldn't keep going on my previous two runs this week, it was too hot or my legs were tired and I felt disappointed too. Well done on the weight loss too, I've also lost a similar amount and isn't that a great feeling! Don't beat yourself up, just wait a couple of days and try it again :-)

• Thank you so much ch for all your lovely replies - makes me feel much better to know I am not alone on this! Will start wk 7 again in a couple of days - and keep going till I nail it!! 😜

• That is not a fail,it's a practice run as John would say. Wish I could lose 10lb, how have you done that?

• Mostly exercise, but have found that recording everything that I eat and drink on My Fitness Pal app has been a real help in keeping me focussed - especially where alcohol consumption is concerned!!πŸ˜‚

You may also like...