Daydreaming about running, while running

I take it this is normal? I have a tendency to get a bit past myself, but I spend all the running bits picturing me running at the beach, joining a club and running with other runners, how i'll run on holiday, running in the rain, running in a marathon, saving the day in a zombie apocalypse by running for medical supplies when no-one else can, running up mountains... I get so distracted Laura makes me jump!

W5R1 was a bit hard because I'm a bit under the weather this morning, but the zombies were not far behind, so I had to keep going :)

9 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Oh yes, very normal 😁

• Oh I think of all sorts of daft stuff while I'm running and often catch myself chuckling or grinning inanely. I must look scary as hell - a red-faced, sweaty old Bride of Chucky.

But that's one of the beauties of running - real time to oneself to let the mind wander where it will.

Good luck with the rest of the programme!

• Ha that made me laugh out loud as I do that too! lol :) Hope you feel a bit better soon to battle more of the zombies! :) :)

• Completely normal ! I'm Lara Croft :)

• Oh my goodness, I may have to steal that one for my next run!

• Ha Ha....I had my first daydream the other day and I was running for help in an emergency...good to hear I am not the only crazy one. I guess its a sign we are getting confident in our running. :D

• That's why I don't look at my shadow anymore - in my mind I am already a lean mean running machine - and glamorous too of course πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Absolutely! I really do look quite lovely in my daydreams :) I shall ignore my shadow - good advice!

• I too can't believe who's that shadow is following me around. In my mind I'm a 6ft Amazon not a round wobbly blob!

You may also like...