It's not just Laura who thinks I'm a runner

Went out for the first run of week 7 this morning and decided to up the pace as I can obviously manage 25 minutes now and when I got home my Fitbit pinged at me. For the first time it has recognised my C25K outing as a run, up till now it has labelled it as a walk! My legs felt wobbly for a couple of minutes when I slowed to cool down but soon recovered. Think it will be quite a while before I can run 5k in 30 minutes but this feels like a breakthrough, moved from shuffler to runner. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

18 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done! My purple friend almost never thinks my runs are runs and I have to correct her.

Someone once posted a link here to a useful calculator which provided an idea of whether 5k in 30 minutes was a realistic goal for a particular individual.

• I always corrected the Fitbit too!

• Wow... that is brilliant! You always were a runner..but now.. you have it in 'print' ! :)

Bask in that knowledge as you move forward, ....steadily :).... to the Graduation podium!!! :)

• I didn't go to uni so graduation will be a first for me and I'm much more excited about it than I could ever have been about a degree !

• So of the best Christmas gifts ever..even though it was to myself!๐Ÿ˜

• Well done it's a good feeling when you start to feel like a runner good luck with the next one

• What a great start to week 7! That finishing podium is well in sight. I should really say starting podium shouldn't I, as I'm sure graduation from c25k is just the start of a whole new way of life. Congrats on your run speedy oldpossum :)

• Well done. I will be out later. Late night last night at the folk club so no chance of an early start today. Anyway the rain seems to have stopped now.

• Shuffling is fine, but when you are able to pick your feet up, does mark a turning point in your running, so well done โ˜บ

• Well done Possum !

Youre on your way to building a fine pair of running legs ! :-) xx

• Ooh I like the idea of a fine pair of legs ๐Ÿ˜€ Will help enhance my shoe collection !

• How great :-) Do love the titbits although mine went mad on my last run - I was running some hills but it said I had done 73 flights of stairs at the end of the run and although I felt a bit like I had done that I am not sure my fitbit got it quite right ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Oh crikey *fitbit*

• I've been looking for the titbits - love a bit harmless gossip ๐Ÿ˜€

• Great work, that must feel good! I think you've certainly joined the runners club now. There's no going back for you!! :)

• Hurrah! It's official then if Fitbit and Laura say so! Run, run, run,at an elegant refined pace, does the job just fine. One more run into the bag - yea!

• Elegant - now there's a word that's never been applied to my running style but I like it ๐Ÿ˜€

• Elegant - Oldpossum - elegant - you can work it! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You may also like...